Senior Analyst | Wellington
|Attachments:|| PD Senior Analyst SAS Programmer.docx (Word, 34KB)
|Application Close Date:||28-May-2018|
Health Workforce New Zealand is the team within the Ministry of Health responsible for national co-ordination and leadership on workforce issues.
They provide advice on workforce development and regulation; gather and analyse workforce data and intelligence; and invest in health workforce training. Their support is designed to ensure the health system has the right people, in the right place with the right skills to provide the safest care and best outcomes for our population.
Health Workforce New Zealand influences and supports the development of an agile, motivated, and collaborative workforce that can deliver services that meet the needs of people, communities and Government now and in the future.
They will do this by:
- Being focussed on creating value for clients
- Having an informed view on the future workforce
- Playing a national strategic role in workforce planning
- Adopting a strategic investment approach to sourcing health and disability workforce training and development
- Taking an active role in building the workforce of the future
- Working in and embracing a "one-team" culture across within health workforce, across business units and other agencies.
As the Senior Analyst you will deliver analytical contributions with the Analytics and Modelling team.
Applicants should have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification, such as operations research, decision science, mathematics, finance.
- Well-developed analytical and technical skills including SAS programming skill
- Ability collect and summarise primary level data in a systematic way to build a useful dataset for further analysis
- Ability to work strategically and apply critical thinking and sound judgement to the development of options and provision of advice
- Proven ability to work in a team and in a dynamic environment
- Commitment to organisational and personal success
- Experience in using analytical tools such as Base SAS®, SAS® Enterprise Guide, and Excel.
- Good understanding on various database systems
- Good understanding on the Ministry of Health's National Collections
- Good understanding on the Ministry of Health's DRG, and case mix calculations
- Good understanding on the Ministry of Health's s Oracle Data Warehouse, and SAS Server
- Experience in collating large datasets to identify patterns and evidences
If you think you've got what we're looking for, we want to hear from you! Apply via the Ministry of Health Careers Site where you can upload your CV and cover letter, outlining your background and your interest in the role.
To view a position description for the role please visit the Ministry of Health Careers Site. For further information on this position please contact Sarah Perry – email@example.com or on (04) 816 3332.
The Ministry of Health is committed to equal opportunity in all our employment policies and procedures. All staff – regardless of gender, race, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, religious or ethical beliefs, political opinion or union affiliation – have access to equal employment opportunities. We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in the workforce and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements.
Applications close Monday 28 May.