Chair - Health Practitioners Disciplinary Tribunal | Wellington
|Category:||Policy and Advisory|
|Position Type:||Fixed Term/Secondment|
|Attachments:|| Declaration Form.docx (Word, 46KB)
Health Practitioners Disciplinary Tribunal Terms of Reference.doc (Word, 46KB)
|Application Close Date:||22-Nov-2019|
The purpose of the Health Practitioners Disciplinary Tribunal is to protect the consumers of health services through hearing charges brought against the conduct of health practitioners. As a result of hearings it can also provide a valuable educative role in relation to health profession standards.
For more information on the Health Practitioners Disciplinary Tribunal, please read the Terms of Reference attached to the top of the advert.
On behalf of Hon Dr David Clark, Minister of Health, the Ministry of Health is currently seeking applications for the position of Chair of the Health Practitioners Disciplinary Tribunal
Essential Skills and Experience
The Chair must be a barrister or solicitor of the High Court of not less than seven years' practise. The Chair must have the skills and abilities of a judicial officer, and in particular:
- Significant experience in:
- the health and disciplinary sector
- tribunal and court situations
- Keen judgment, particularly the ability to analyse and evaluate evidence, and the ability to evaluate personalities
- Facilitation skills:
- in the hearing room, to maintain good order, and
- when adjudicating, where the chair must be a team player to ensure all Tribunal members participate fully.
Excellent written and reasoning skills.
Applicants from across New Zealand are welcome. To nominate someone, or apply yourself, the following documents are required:
- a covering letter, detailing your/the nominee's experience that is relevant to the Health Practitioners Disciplinary Tribunal and which position is of interest to you/them and why
a current CV
a declaration form for the relevant position, completed by the candidate for the relevant position (attached in the top section).
Nominations/applications must include the above documentation and be made before the closing date of Friday, November 22.