Senior Advisor, System Flow | Wellington
|Category:||Policy and Advisory|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - Senior Advisor, System Flow, DHB Performance & Engagement - DHB PS&I - Nov 2019.pdf (PDF, 187KB)
|Application Close Date:||20-Nov-2019|
- Your work will help to drive DHB performance improvement
- Foster strong relationships with clinical networks and DHBs
- Lead the effective implementation of key pieces of work
Work with ministry colleagues, clinical networks and operational units within DHBs, to support Health system performance, through advice, consultation activity, and report development.
The DHB Performance, Support and Infrastructure directorate ensure strong effective relationships and provides leadership and support to ensure DHBs deliver on and are accountable for their operational, capital and financial performance. We also deliver major health infrastructure projects for the Crown; process payments and administer contracts for health care services.
The System Flow team provides oversight, support and monitoring to DHBs to ensure they deliver optimal Planned, Unplanned and National Services for their populations.
As a Senior Advisor in our System Flow team you will:
- Provide consistent high quality advice and support, (oversight and direction) on key work programmes
- Lead the effective implementation of key pieces of work in a collaborative way across the team/directorate/Ministry
- Identify the best implementation practice nationally and internationally and use this information to inform advice as appropriate
- Lead the effective implementation of performance monitoring and evaluation and reporting frameworks for key work programmes
- Provide leadership for projects and areas, working with others to ensure all work is well planned, using work planning tools and methods which includes taking strategic and tactical approaches to achieve results through high quality advice.
To be successful you will need:
- Strong inter-personal and relationship management skills. You will be customer focused and enjoy working as part of a highly engaged team
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills. Particularly the ability to communicate clearly, concisely and in plain language to a variety of audiences
- Experience in influencing people, leading work programmes, change management and facilitation, coaching and mentoring staff
- An understanding of good practice in the delivery of planned and acute services
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant field and or equivalent experience.
The Ministry of Health is the kaitiaki of the health and disability system in New Zealand. We are responsible for providing active stewardship and leadership across the nations health and disability system. We ensure the system provides people with the highest levels of care, regardless of who they are or where they live.
We have embarked on a transformational change programme which is creating some exciting career opportunities. If you would like to contribute to the important work that we do, please join us.
Please click Apply for this Job to upload your CV and cover letter.
Advertising for this role closes on Wednesday, 20 November 2019.
We encourage diversity and inclusion at the Ministry of Health and are committed to equal opportunity in all our employment policies and procedures. In particular, we want to ensure accessibility needs are well supported, so the recruitment process is fair and equitable for all. Therefore, please let us know if there is any support, we can provide to ensure the recruitment process is fully accessible to you. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to discuss any accessibility needs you may have.