Team Leader, Te Aho o Te Kahu | Wellington
|Attachments:|| PD - 7158 Team Leader, Treatment, Quality & Standardisation, Te Aho o Te Kahu - 2020.pdf (PDF, 188KB)
|Application Close Date:||12-Aug-2020|
Te Aho o Te Kahu (the Cancer Control Agency) was established in December 2019 to provide national leadership and oversight for cancer control. The Agency has a key role in driving the system change needed to achieve the ambitious goals set out in the New Zealand Cancer Action Plan 2019-2029.
We are currently recruiting a leadership role within the Agency, to join us as Team Leader in the Treatment, Quality & Standardisation team. This team ensures New Zealanders have equitable, consistent access to world-class diagnosis and treatment for cancer that reflects their needs and values, and that survival for New Zealanders with cancer continues to improve at a rate comparable with other similar countries. Your role will provide leadership and guidance to the Clinical Director in relation to team decision-making, performance and delivery.
This role requires an inspiring, strong, collaborative leader with exceptional relationship management and organisational skills. You'll be intuitive and flexible in approach, with a natural ability to lead and connect with your team members, peers and others across the Agency.
In addition, you will have:
- Significant experience working in the health sector
- Confidence in providing advice to the Agency leadership team, clinicians and other key stakeholders
- Knowledge and experience of public health approaches that impact on health inequalities
- Tertiary level professional qualification in a clinical or related field
- A commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and improving outcomes for Māori, Pacific and other populations who experience poorer cancer outcomes
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills, with the ability to build and foster good stakeholder relationships through consultation and partnership
- Strong leadership, coaching, mentoring and communication skills.
You will find a copy of the Position Description attached or online at www.careers.health.govt.nz.
For further information, please contact email@example.com Please click Apply for this Job to upload your CV and cover letter.
Advertising for this role closes at midnight on Wednesday, 12 August 2020.
We encourage diversity and inclusion at the Ministry of Health and are committed to equal opportunity in all our employment policies and procedures. In particular, we want to ensure accessibility needs are well supported, so the recruitment process is fair and equitable for all. Therefore, please let us know if there is any support we can provide to ensure the recruitment process is fully accessible to you. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to discuss any accessibility needs you may have.