Manager, Facilities Design and Advisory | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Manager Facility Design and Advisory Position Description.pdf (PDF, 191KB)
|Application Close Date:||24-Jan-2022|
- Make a difference, make it better, and help us deliver
- Flexible working opportunities
- Collaborative and inclusive environment
Help us transform the quality of Health Infrastructure in New Zealand.
This is your opportunity to:
- apply your design knowledge and experience on a wider canvas
- ensure better use of time and money by balancing standardisation and innovation
- help build an excellent team and a wider collaborative health design network
- whilst enabling innovative solutions to triumph in this exciting and challenging role.
Mō tō mātou rōpū – About our team:
Established in 2021, the Facility Design team has skill and experience in design, health planning, practice, research, and policy related to the development of health facility infrastructure. All team members are passionate and committed to improving quality in design and delivery of health facilities in New Zealand.
Te whainga poto o tēnei tūranga – What is the purpose of this position:
You will be helping lead the health infrastructure sector by defining what good design looks like, guiding design and supporting project delivery across the wider unit, Ministry, and stakeholders.
Applying an approach informed by tikanga and te reo Māori, you will develop an integrated strategy to achieve quality design and project deliverables.
You will be leading, and helping to grow and develop, a team of Facilities Design specialists to provide:
- Design Guidance -the tools that assist our project and design teams to achieve improved design and standardisation and innovation across the sector
- Design Assurance – Ensuring designs are in line with service plans, business cases and design guidance by reviewing and making recommendations
- Design Advice – Provide good quality advice on design issues that can arise. E.g., pandemic planning.
Ngā Pūkenga me ngā Wheako – Skills & Experience:
To be successful you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Design, Architecture, or Health Planning
- Proven successful design expertise
- Previous experience leading high functional teams
- Expert knowledge and experience in areas including project design and/or delivery
- A keen eye for detail and passion for delivering a quality product
- excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills in a variety of settings, including cross-cultural, employee and stakeholder
It is desirable that you have all or some of the following:
- Show knowledge that is consistent with Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Strong knowledge and experience in te reo me ona tikanga Māori in practice
Ngā uaratanga - Our Ministry values
The Ministry of Health is the kaitiaki of the health and disability system in New Zealand. We are responsible for providing active stewardship and leadership across the nations health and disability system. We ensure the system provides people with the highest levels of care, regardless of who they are or where they live.
For more information on the Ministry of Health: https://www.health.govt.nz/about-ministry/careers/our-ministry-values-nga-uaratanga
Me pēhea te tuku tono – How to apply:
You will find a copy of the Position Description attached or online at careers.health.govt.nz
Please click ‘Apply for this Job' to upload your CV and cover letter.
For further information regarding the role, please contact Catherine Walsh at email@example.com, quoting reference number MOH/1587485
Advertising for this role closes at 11:59pm on Monday, 24 January 2022.
We encourage diversity and inclusion at the Ministry of Health and are committed to equal opportunity in all our employment policies and procedures. In particular, we want to ensure accessibility needs are well supported, so the recruitment process is fair and equitable for all. Therefore, please let us know if there is any support, we can provide to ensure the recruitment process is fully accessible to you. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +64 04 466 5318 if you would like to discuss any accessibility needs you may have.