Data Warehouse Architect | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| 7641 Data Warehouse Architect, BI DWH - Data Digital.pdf (PDF, 186KB)
|Application Close Date:||29-May-2022|
- Future focused Data Warehouse Architect to help us bring data to life to change lives.
- Turn data into information and actionable insights
- Wellington based
Do you have a passion for data? Do you have experience in using cloud-based technologies to be data brilliant? If so, we would love to talk to you about a unique opportunity to influence our adoption of cloud-based technologies to derive genuine value, capability development, new-outcomes and authentic-transformation.
The Ministry of Health is going through an exciting change in the business intelligence, data engineering and analytical space. We are adopting a rapid development methodology for delivery, have recently introduced Qlik Sense as our new BI tool and moving to Snowflake as our new data warehouse platform.
This is a unique opportunity for a Technical leader that loves collaboration and has the ability to bring together diverse concepts and design data solutions that are robust, maintainable and meets or exceeds the requirements of our stakeholders. This role will take ownership of our Snowflake Cloud Data Pipeline and Platform; set standards and drive ccontinuous improvements and innovation.
Mō tō mātou rōpū – About our team:
The Data and Digital Directorate leads, supports and advises health and disability sector transformation through the use of data, digital services and technology.
Te whainga poto o tēnei tūranga – What is the purpose of this position?
The Data Warehouse Architect is expected to be a thought leader, who challenges the status quo and understands how to maximise value across a range of solutions and architectures. In this role you will specify and design a data warehouse solution which meets business needs, retaining compatibility with Ministry solution architecture and conforming to the appropriate standards, within cost, security and sustainability constraints. You will work in partnership with our Principal Data Architect, BI Service Delivery Lead and BIDW Operational Lead.
Ngā Pūkenga me ngā Wheako – Skills & Experience:
- Experience in using snowflake and other cloud-based technologies to support insights and analytics.
- Experience in technical leadership for significant pieces of work.
- Experience in providing strategic senior level advice on business intelligence and data warehousing.
- Experience in designing Business Intelligence & Data Warehouse solutions
- A strong client-focus with good networking, interpersonal and relationship building skills
- A great understanding of different data modelling techniques
- Ability to identify and define solutions that are pragmatic, sustainable and adhere to common BIDW practice
- Ability to bring together diverse concepts and design data solutions that not only meet requirements but also provide the best possible value for customers and stakeholders
- Ability to communicate clearly in a variety of settings
- Experience in mentoring and support of colleagues and stakeholders
Ngā uaratanga - Our Ministry values
The Ministry of Health is the kaitiaki of the health and disability system in New Zealand. We are responsible for providing active stewardship and leadership across the nations health and disability system. We ensure the system provides people with the highest levels of care, regardless of who they are or where they live.
You will find a copy of the Position Description attached or online at careers.health.govt.nz. Please click ‘Apply for this Job' to upload your CV and cover letter.
For further information regarding the role, please contact Eva Sundin at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference number MOH/1616235.
Advertising for this role closes at midnight Sunday, 29th May 2022.
We encourage diversity and inclusion at the Ministry of Health and are committed to equal opportunity in all our employment policies and procedures. In particular, we want to ensure accessibility needs are well supported, so the recruitment process is fair and equitable for all. Therefore, please let us know if there is any support, we can provide to ensure the recruitment process is fully accessible to you. You can contact us at email@example.com or on +64 4 816 2478 if you would like to discuss any accessibility needs you may have.