Principal Advisor - Digital Strategy | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| PD Principal Advisor , Digital Strategy - Digital Strategy and Investment - D&D.pdf (PDF, 170KB)
|Application Close Date:||22-May-2022|
- Be a trusted advisor and thought leader to support the delivery of data and digital strategy, key work programmes and data and digital operating model transformation
- Establishment of a data and digital strategic roadmap and work plan in support of the strategic objectives of the NZ Health Plan
- Lead and support cross agency/cross government/sector/market engagement
- Flexible Location, Fixed term until June 2023
- Secondment to the role will be considered
Help be a part of a national transformation in the health technology sector to develop a new operating model and strategic roadmap for Data and Digital.
Mō tō mātou rōpū – About our team:
The Data and Digital directorate lead, support and advise health and disability sector information through the use of data, digital services and technology.
Te whainga poto o tēnei tūranga – What is the purpose of this position?:
The Principal Advisor Digital Strategy is responsible for leading the development and delivery of data and digital strategy to support the strategic objectives of the NZ Health Plan. They will be a trusted advisor and thought leader to the Data and Digital function, work collaboratively in partnership with stakeholders across the sector and the market, support the ongoing transformation of the data and digital operating model and ensure that delivery oversight is effective.
Ngā Pūkenga me ngā Wheako – Skills & Experience:
- Strong relationship management skills and experience in engaging with stakeholders at all levels of the health sector
- Proven strategic leadership skills at a senior level that support strategy design, development and implementation
- A deep understanding and commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi obligations
- Political savviness and risk management, confidence in dealing with ambiguity and knowing what is important to key stakeholders
Transforming New Zealand's Public Health System
The Minister of Health has committed to transforming New Zealand's Public Health system. The changes will reduce fragmentation, strengthen leadership and accountability. In particular, the changes aim to improve equity of access and outcomes for all New Zealanders. The Partnership between HNZ and MHA in ensuring Te Tiriti obligations to improve Māori health are embodied in the new entities. The formation of HNZ and the MHA is a key component of the transformation of New Zealand's Public Health system. The entities will be formed at the passing of legislation expected to be in place from 1 July 2022.
As part of these reforms, a number of positions in the Ministry of Health are to be transferred to the Interim Health New Zealand as the functions it undertakes sits within its mandate. The Digital Strategy and Investment group is within this group, therefore the group will transfer to the Interim Health New Zealand with effect from 1 March 2022
On 1 July 2022 the position will then transfer from the Ministry of Health to the Health New Zealand when it is permanently established.
The Ministry of Health is the kaitiaki of the health and disability system in New Zealand. We are responsible for providing active stewardship and leadership across the nations health and disability system. We ensure the system provides people with the highest levels of care, regardless of who they are or where they live.
You will find a copy of the Position Description attached or online at careers.health.govt.nz. Please click ‘Apply for this Job' to upload your CV and cover letter.
For further information regarding the role, please contact Beth Wall at email@example.com quoting reference number MOH/1627655
Advertising for this role closes at midnight on Sunday 22 May 2022.
Please note: Only applications through our online system will be accepted.