Principal Analyst, Assisted Dying | Wellington
|Category:||Policy and Advisory|
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| Principal Analyst - Regulatory Assurance, Health System Improvement & Innovation - 2022.pdf (PDF, 181KB)
|Application Close Date:||23-May-2022|
- Are you looking for a challenge in a newly established position?
- Be an integral part of our team,
- A Wellington based, full time, fixed term position through to November 2023
Mō tō mātou rōpū – About our team:
We are looking for Principal Analyst to join the Regulatory Assurance team. Our team has the responsibility for the functions of regulation and monitoring of Abortion Services (including sterilisation services), Protected Quality Assurance Activities, Responsible Authority reviews and the Assisted Dying process as per the End of Life Choice Act 2019.
Te whainga poto o tēnei tūranga – What is the purpose of this position?
The Principal Analyst is a pivotal role within the newly formed assisted dying service, responsible for providing expert advice on the collection and analysis of data, and then leading the analysis of that data to generate actionable insights for provision of assited dying services in New Zealand
A key component of this role will be to develop and lead the monitoring, evaluation and reporting frameworks of programmes and initiatives for assited dying servcies. Provide data reporting to the Minsitry, Minister of Health and the statutory committees as stated witin the End of Life Choice Act 2019.
Ngā Pūkenga me ngā Wheako – Skills & Experience:
- Tertiary qualification in a health or relevant field and/or equivalent experience
- Significant experience in developing and delivering analytics that provide actionable insights for customers, working with, influencing and leading a range of stakeholders, as well as briefing Ministers
- Demonstrated experience designing analytical approaches, especially in relation to measuring and assessing performance of complex systems
- Experience in designing work programmes and project planning to ensure delivery of work is on time and within budget
- Proven experience in manging sensitive data
- Proven experience in sector monitoring/servcie quality assurance programmes
- Proven experience in working within transformation programmes and/or end to end regualtory processes
- Political nous with an understanding how issues play out and what is important to key stakeholders and the Government of the day
- High level experience in managing and troubleshooting database type programmes
- Proven comprehensive knoweldge and understanding of the End of Life Choice Act 2019 and the assited dying service process in New Zealand
The Ministry of Health is the kaitiaki of the health and disability system in New Zealand. We are responsible for providing active stewardship and leadership across the nations health and disability system. We ensure the system provides people with the highest levels of care, regardless of who they are or where they live.
For further information regarding the role, please contact Deborah Brockie at email@example.com quoting reference number MOH/1628714.
Advertising for this role closes at Midnight on 23rd May 2022.
We encourage diversity and inclusion at the Ministry of Health and are committed to equal opportunity in all our employment policies and procedures. In particular, we want to ensure accessibility needs are well supported, so the recruitment process is fair and equitable for all. Therefore, please let us know if there is any support, we can provide to ensure the recruitment process is fully accessible to you. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +64 4 816 2478 if you would like to discuss any accessibility needs you may have.