Advisor - Ministerial Services | Wellington
|Category:||Policy and Advisory|
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD - Ministerial Advisor.pdf (PDF, 136KB)
|Application Close Date:||27-Jun-2022|
- Want to work in a dynamic, supportive and collaborative team?
- Possess excellent analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Full time role; Permanent role and Secondment opportunity available
- Flexible work location
We are seeking motivated and (ideally) experienced Ministerial Services Advisors to join the Government Group, part of the Government Relations and Partnerships group.
Ko wai mātou | Who are we?
Hauora Aotearoa | Health New Zealand (HNZ) has been created to achieve a vision of Pae Ora, healthy futures for all New Zealanders. The new system will be established around the priority outcomes of partnership, equity, sustainability, person- and whānau-centred care, and excellence.
The formation of HealthNZ is a bold and courageous step in the journey to transform the way that health services are delivered in Aotearoa. HealthNZ will manage the health system day to day and will plan and commission health services for the whole population – with responsibility for improving service delivery and outcomes at all levels.
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
On a day to day basis you may be required to work across a variety of Ministerial Services outputs. One day may be spent preparing high quality and timely responses to correspondence on behalf of our Ministers, the next working on a OIA response, then seeking answers to WPQs. You will work on a variety of different workstreams across the whole of Ministerial Services, including Select Committee hearings, briefings and all other official information.
We are building a high performing team that is supportive, welcoming, has a positive culture, while displaying a can do attitude and delivering high quality work on time.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
As the ideal person you will have excellent organisational skills, as well as strong written and oral communication skills. You will bring a can-do attitude, an attention to detail, and a proven ability to work to deadlines, along with;
- A relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent relevant work experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to tailor complex messages to a range of audiences in a clear and concise manner
- A strong working knowledge of policy or and abillity to interpret and understand, legislation and the machinery of government
- the ability to build collaborative and positive relationships within the team and other Ministry staff will be key
- Basic knowledge of government structures and processes, including basic knowledge of the obligation of the Crown under te Tiriti would be an advantage.
- Contribute to the development and continuous improvement of processes, tools and frameworks within the teamthe capability to quickly establish priorities and meet deadlines in an agile way, think ahead, use initiative and sound judgement and produce written material to a high standard.
This position has a salary range of $71,857 - $91,817. The offered salary will be based on skills and experience.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
To apply for this role, please click ‘Apply'to submit your application online and upload your CV and cover letter.
For further information regarding the role, please contact recruitment at email@example.com, quoting reference number MOH/1637746.
Advertising for this role closes at midnight on Monday 27 June, 2022 however, if an ideal candidate is found before this time, we will move forward with interviews earlier.
Please note: The MoH recruitment team is supporting the establishment of Health NZ & the Māori Health Authority by acting as the departmental agency for recruitment services for new positions into these two new entities. This includes but is not limited to hosting advertisements and receiving applications on their behalf.
We encourage diversity and inclusion and are committed to equal opportunity in all our employment policies and procedures. In particular, we want to ensure accessibility needs are well supported, so the recruitment process is fair and equitable for all. Therefore, please let us know if there is any support, we can provide to ensure the recruitment process is fully accessible to you. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +64 4 4665318 if you would like to discuss any accessibility needs you may have.