Senior Advisor - Kaitohu Matua, Hauora Māori, Public Health Agency | Wellington
|Category:||Policy and Advisory|
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PHA Snr Advisor Hauora PD.pdf (PDF, 198KB)
|Application Close Date:||30-Sep-2022|
Kia hiwa rā, kia hiwa rā! Kia hiwa rā ki tēnei tuku, ki tērā tuku! Tōia mai te waka kia tutuki i te wai ora, i te whānau ora, i te mauri ora, tae ake ki te Pae Ora e!
- Tautokohia te reo Māori me ōna tikanga ki ngā kaupapa hauora tūmatanui
- Whakamanahia Te Tiriti o Waitangi ki roto i ngā rautaki, ki ngā kaupapa here hoki o te hauora tūmatanui
- Whakanuia ngā hiahia o ngā whānau, o ngā iwi, o ngā hāpori.
Are you a confident speaker of te reo Māori and committed to upholding tikanga? Are you a skilled practitioner of whanaungatanga? Do you want to support the voice and aspirations of whānau and iwi in strategy and policy? If the answer is yes, then this role could well be yours!
This is an exciting full-time, permanent position for an experienced Kaitohu Matua (Senior Advisor) with a high level of te reo Māori and excellent relationship skills, a proven commitment to Te Tiriti and a ‘can-do' attitude to really make a difference in achieving Pae Ora. The salary range for this role is $88,384 - $117,845 and will be appointed to align with skills and experience.
As a member of the Hauora Māori team, you will assist the Chief Advisor, Hauora Māori to provide leadership in te reo Māori and the integration of tikanga into the Public Health Agency. You will use your tikanga expertise to provide analysis and advice on key initiatives, projects and mahi within Hauora Māori. You will also provide advice on building partnerships with agencies and communities that is consistent with the values of manaakitanga and kōkiri ngātahi.
You will be someone who has:
- Ko te reo ko te māpihi maurea. Fluency in and a passion for te reo Māori
- He ringa raupa, he tangata o te marae. The confidence of your whānau, hapū, iwi to be a speaker and a leader
- Whāia e koe ngā tikanga o ngā mātua tūpuna. An understanding of tikanga and a commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi, working in partnership with Māori
- Whāia te iti kahurangi. An understanding of aspects of mātauranga Māori, and an ability to integrate those with integrity into policy and strategy
- Ko te mātāpono, ko te manaakitanga. Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills and experience in engaging with a range of sector groups and agencies
Manatū Hauora is the kaitiaki of the health and disability system in New Zealand. We are responsible for providing active stewardship and leadership across the nation's health and disability system. We ensure the system provides people with the highest levels of care, regardless of who they are or where they live.
You will find a copy of the Position Description attached or online at careers.health.govt.nz. Please click ‘Apply for this Job' to upload your CV and cover letter.
For further information regarding the role, please email email@example.com quoting reference number MOH/1656601.
Advertising for this role closes at 5.00pm, Friday, 30th September.
Please note: Only applications through our online system will be accepted.
We encourage diversity and inclusion at the Ministry of Health and are committed to equal opportunity in all our employment policies and procedures. In particular, we want to ensure accessibility needs are well supported, so the recruitment process is fair and equitable for all. Therefore, please let us know if there is any support, we can provide to ensure the recruitment process is fully accessible to you. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +64 4466 5318 if you would like to discuss any accessibility needs you may have.