Senior Advisor, Research Sector Engagement | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| 7293- Senior Advisor Research Sector Engagement, Research and Innovation, ERI.pdf (PDF, 156KB)
|Application Close Date:||29-Mar-2023|
- Enable meaningful, ongoing engagement between Manatū Hauora and the health research sector, wider health sector and public about significant research-related initiatives
- Be part of a new team in this permanent role based in Wellington
- Salary midpoint of $111,737 - actual salary dependent on your experience
Ko wai mātou - About Us
At Manatū Hauora we are the kaitiaki of the health system, providing leadership and driving strategy and performance. We regulate the health sector and are the primary source of advice on health matters. As we move away from the response to the Covid pandemic now is the time to look to the future, to ensure New Zealanders are cared for by a health system that is innovative, future focussed and world leading.
Ko tōu ake mahi - What You'll Do
A new Research and Innovation team is being established to lead and support a thriving environment for health research and innovation across the health system. This team will lead and contribute to strategic and future-focused initiatives, usually in collaboration with other government agencies and the health research sector, as guided by the New Zealand Health Research Strategy (2017-2027) and its future iterations.
In this critical new role you'll be a key part of the Research and Innovation team, working to plan how we most effectively engage with our stakeholders and delivering engagement approaches across a range of initiatives. You'll also work closely with the Manatū Communications and Engagement team, ensuring we are well aligned with our agency's overall engagement approach.
Ko ngā pukenga ōu - What You'll Bring
- A strong track record in planning and delivering tailor-made engagement approaches that ‘hit the mark' with stakeholders
- A passion for our kaupapa – enabling our health research sector to thrive in order to deliver more equitable health outcomes to all New Zealanders
- Experience in designing and facilitating engagement opportunities, events and meetings with stakeholders and stakeholder groups
- Ability to partner across multiple organisations to plan and deliver comms & engagement activities
- A knack for building strong, trusted relationships within teams and across a diverse range of stakeholders and partners.
He aha ta tatou kawe mai - What We Bring
Flexibility – We understand everyone is different and treat most roles as flexible
Inclusivity – Our Values help us to provide a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace
Wellbeing – Our people can be themselves, are supported and able to perform well in their roles
Purpose – Our mahi is nationally significant and is improving the lives of New Zealanders
Ngā Uaratanga – Our Values
Our Values underpin how we work together and with the health and disability sector, public service colleagues and communities to achieve pae ora – healthy futures for all New Zealanders.
Manaakitanga – We show care, inclusion, respect, support, trust, and kindness to each other
Kaitiakitanga – We preserve and maintain an environment that enables our people to thrive
Whakapono – We have trust and faith in each other to do the right thing
Kōkiri ngātahi – We commit and work together towards a common purpose
Me pēhea te tono - How to Apply
To view the position description and apply, please follow the online process at our Careers Website. If you have any questions, email our Recruitment Team.
Applications close on 29th March 2023
We value diversity and inclusion and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. We welcome applicants from all walks of life and appreciate the richness of experience that your point of difference could bring to us. Please let us know if there is any support we can provide to ensure the recruitment process is accessible to you.