Principal Advisor, Office of Radiation Safety | Wellington
|Category:||Policy and Advisory|
|Attachments:|| PD - 5763 Principal Advisor, Office of Radiation Safety, Quality Assurance and Safety - HSII - 2020.pdf (PDF, 188KB)
|Application Close Date:||16-Aug-2020|
- Are you passionate about radiation safety?
- Do you want to be right in the centre during such an important time for the Ministry
- Exciting opportunity available for an experienced Principal Advisor in Wellington
We're looking for someone to take leadership and provide high quality strategic and operational advice to support the Director for Radiation Safety at the Office of Radiation Safety (ORS) in Wellington. ORS is administering all the ins and outs of the Radiation Safety Act 2016 (do you want to know more? https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/ionising-radiation-safety).
As part of our Office of Radiation Safety team, this role sits within our Health System Improvement and Innovation directorate which supports and promotes innovation and continuous system improvement through quality commissioning and policy, effective regulation and evidence-based decision making.
As the Principal Advisor in ORS you will be expected to act as a subject matter expert and maintain excellent working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. You will be responsible for providing high quality well-articulated advice on radiation safety matters whilst also identifying opportunities for change and improvement. An important part of the role will be providing mentoring and leadership to ORS team members.
To be successful, you will:
- demonstrated proven ability to think strategically and provide thought leadership
- be solutions focused and have demonstrated capability to establish positive and constructive relationships with internal and external stakeholders as well as the ability to work as part of a team
- have the capability to provide high quality well-articulated advice on radiation safety legislation
- an understanding of the machinery of government and knowledge of key issues impacting on the New Zealand radiation safety sector
- have the capability to tailor advice to a range of audiences
A radiation safety background and relevant qualification, and an excellent understanding of the legislation and standards are highly desirable.
The Ministry of Health is the kaitiaki of the health and disability system in New Zealand. We are responsible for providing active stewardship and leadership across the nation's health and disability system. We ensure the system provides people with the highest levels of care, regardless of who they are or where they live.
You will find a copy of the Position Description attached or online at careers.health.govt.nz.
For further information, contact email@example.com Please click Apply for this Job to upload your CV and cover letter.
Advertising for this role closes at midnight on Sunday, 16 August 2020.
We encourage diversity and inclusion at the Ministry of Health and are committed to equal opportunity in all our employment policies and procedures. In particular, we want to ensure accessibility needs are well supported, so the recruitment process is fair and equitable for all. Therefore, please let us know if there is any support we can provide to ensure the recruitment process is fully accessible to you. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to discuss any accessibility needs you may have.